Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Moving not moving


One of the reasons it has been so long since I last posted is because mom and dad tried to move to Kentucky. As you know the cost of living in Kentucky is cheaper than McHenry. The problem is the housing market died right about the time that they put the house on the market. About a year and a half later they gave up trying to sell the place. It is a more complicated, but we don't want to get into that with a lawsuit still pending. Suffice it to say that dad returned home just in time to greet my new baby brother Berk.
It would seem that the market for teachers in the far Northwest Suburbs is not very hot. The real problem I think is that dad is too experienced and too educated to really get a shot at a teaching job. How else do you explain only one phone interview all summer?
The market outside of teaching isn't much better. I suspect that an education degree isn't very impressive to most business owners. Dad did finally get a job selling Aflac. He has made some money, but the cold calling sucks. Mom has started a business doing upholstery, refinishing furniture, and redecorating houses. She sold some dressers and a table so far. Go Mom.
Dad is also getting into politics. As you know I am a democrat and have been for all of my 35 months of life, dad however has chosen to help out a Republican. I guess it really is who is the best candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment